Flatiron and Carter Lake Fiber Optic and Controls Upgrade
Big Thompson Project, Colorado
The Colorado-Big Thompson Project is one of the largest and most complex natural resource developments undertaken by the Bureau of Reclamation. It consists of over 100 structures integrated into a trans-mountain water diversion system through which water and power are provided to the mountain region population.
Tribal One successfully installed an integrated control systems that spanned over three miles at the Carter Lake Colorado-Big Thompson project site.
This project included:
- New system controls equipment, monitoring equipment and programming
- New electrical as needed for new equipment and systems
- Cat 6 cabling between six facilities at Carter Lake – Self performed
- Facilities included the Carter Lake Shaft House, Flatiron Gauge Station, Flatiron Gate House and the Big Thompson Power Plant.
- Data cabling splicing, testing and performance verification – Self performed
- Fiber optic installation, splicing and testing – Self performed
- Demolition and removal of outdated controls and monitoring equipment
- New underground data duct banks
- New data utility poles
Build a future with Tribal One. Explore the career opportunities available now.
Ready to build a new project, partnership, or opportunity?